Route Stockholm - Mariehamn - Åbo - Helsinki
- GT: About the route
- maps, photos, stamps, aircrafts (e.g. Junkers) - this route used seaplanes until 1936.
Where did they place the beacons? - heights, triangulation points, water towers,...
- GT: Beacon 100 Spånga Radio, Bromma
- the radio broadcast masts had a rotating beacon, many photos
- GT: Beacon 141 Vallentuna , north of Stockholm
- photos of concrete fundament, from a visit by Bo Ju.
- Beacon 142 was not set up.
- GT: Beacon 143 Norrtälje - UNIQUE! - Still in place on the old water tower, many photos.
Its beacon equipment was renovated in 2010, and once each month the rotating beam shines over the town.
Many photos from the restoration works - and a video showing the rotating beacon!.
In 1942, the water tower was rebuilt; Drawings, old photos
- › Pythagora Industrial Museum
and Roslagen Aero Club, organized the restoration.
The museum is a preserved factory for hot bulb engines.
- GT: Beacon 144 Simpnäs, at the coastline - It had a 10 m high concrete tower, still remaining,
many photos from a visit by Bo Ju.
- Beacon Sviby, Mariehamn, Åland - northeast of Mariehamn airport
› NEW: PINTSCH lamps for air light beacons
› NEW: Mariehamn airport history (built in 1937)
- GT: Beacon Kumlinge, Åland - A high concrete tower remains.
Kumlinge is an island, and has a small air field. Photos.
› NEW: Generator house and hot-bulb engines
- GT: Beacon Perkala island, Iniö, Finland - high concrete tower on a rock, photos, maps
- GT: Beacon Artukainen, Åbo / Turku, Finland - a concrete tower.
There is a geocache there and visitors have published many photos on Internet.
- NEW: Beacon in Salo, Finland - Planned but not built.
- GT: Beacon Lojo, Finland - Planned but not built.
- GT: Beacon Sveaborg, Helsingfors / Helsinki - was placed in a church tower in the fortress .
- FlightForum.fi has lots of information, in Finnish, you can use my:
› Google Translator link page for FlightForum.fi
Route Malmö - Gothenburg - Oslo
- GT: Beacon 127 Rönneberga, Landskrona
- GT: Beacon 128 Svedberga, Höganäs
- GT: Beacon 129 Varan, Torekov
- checked by Jarl Henrysson.
- GT: Beacon 130 Haverdal, Halmstad
- images from Kent Schram.
- GT: Beacon 131 Stafsinge, Falkenberg
- story and images by Kent Schram.
- GT: Beacon 132 Bläshammar, Varberg
- checked by Kent Schram. Link to historical images, by Bo Ju.
- GT: Beacon 133 Hylteråsen, Kungsbacka
- history, Lars Henriksson, geocache OlssoniVallda.
› Radio station in Vallda by Lars H.
› Photos from top of radio mast! Lars H.
- GT: Torslanda airport, old inflight beacon
- with concrete tower
- On the route Gothenburg - Oslo there were only one air light beacon, in Strömstad,
and there were two radio beacons, in Skärhamn and in Grebbestad, see Radio beacon pages.
- GT: Beacon 138 Strömstad
- Norway? Were there any Norwegian light beacons between Strömstad (Sweden) and Oslo/Fornebu?